Oh, this was harder than I’d thought it was going to be, and it’s only the first day!
Me on the beach today
Ten things about me…
1. I HATE taking pictures of myself. =) I am horribly UNphotogenic. People argue with me about this all the time, but they don’t realize that it takes me about 10 tries to get at least 1 semi-acceptable picture. Example shown here. ^^^ I look much better in person. Trust me.
2. I am addicted to buying stationary and yarn. I have more of both than I will ever use, and I guarantee that won’t stop me from buying more. I even ask for them as gifts. Idk.
3. I love showtunes. From Rodgers and Hammerstein to Andrew Lloyd Webber and well, just any of it… love it. If my life were made into a movie, I’d want it to be a musical (but not a crappy one like that rendition of Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum, cuz that movie sucked).
4. I really want to learn to play an instrument where I can sit around with other musicians and just jam. French horn doesn’t translate well like that.
5. My siblings and I have the most twisted sense of humor ever. We laugh about crazy awful memories, and honestly, they’re hilarious. Dead cats in our motor, 3rd degree burns that show bone, stitches in eyelids, they’re all running jokes in our family, and it’s flippin’ funny. It’s probably a defense mechanism, but we laugh at the hard stuff so it’s easier to deal with. My sense of humor has very much remained that way, and most people outside of my family don’t get it. -shrug- Their loss. 😉
6. As toxic as Roswell, NM (my hometown) is, I would move back just to be near my family and so my kids could grow up with a big family around just like I did. Even though things weren’t always easy, that support system meant the world to me.
7. I’ve wanted to be a chef for about 10 years. I’ve registered at 2 different programs over the years (paid deposits, gotten uniforms), but stuff has fallen through. Just wasn’t meant to be, I suppose.
8. Until about 2 years ago, my hair was straight–really really straight. Now it’s curly. Don’t know how or why it happened, but it’s all frizzy and curly.
9. I’ve had 4 people in my life commit suicide. (OH, DEBBIE DOWNER! We’re being revealing here, and I’m running out of stuff to say.)
10. My husband is an amazing musician. My son is a budding amazing musician who will probably surpass his father by the time he’s 16. My daughter is a ridiculously good singer and a crazy good ear for her tender age of 10. I dabble in singing–I can’t wait to have my own band. I also might need to have another kid or two.
And in case you missed the list and would like to play along at home (I’ve enlisted others to jump on board such as my dear friend, Christopher), here you go =>
Day 01 – A picture of yourself with ten facts
Day 02 – A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
Day 03 – A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 04 – A picture of your night
Day 05 – A picture of your favorite memory
Day 06 – A picture of a person you’d love to trade places with for a day
Day 07 – A picture of your most treasured item
Day 08 – A picture that makes you laugh
Day 09 – A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 – A picture of the person you do the craziest things with
Day 11 – A picture of something you hate
Day 12 – A picture of something you love
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14 – A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 – A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 – A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 – A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 – A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 – A picture and a letter
Day 20 – A picture of somewhere you’d love to travel
Day 21 – A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 – A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 – A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 – A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 – A picture of your day
Day 26 – A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 – A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 – A picture of something you’re afraid of
Day 29 – A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 – A picture of someone you miss
Day 31 – A picture of yourself